Position summary: Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
Essential skills and experience:
- Maintains all processing equipment.
- Must be able to weld and make line change overs.
- Responsible for line maintenance function, repairs and operates processing equipment.
- Maintains gear boxes, sprockets, pumps, etc
- Relieves operators as required.
- Operates forklifts when necessary.
- Record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Job description can be changed at any time.
- Reading, writing, numeracy, oral communication, problem solving.
- Basic computer skills.
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate / GED
- Advanced skills (Journeyman level) required in one or more of the following areas: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic systems, plumbing, carpentry, piping systems, and PLC programming.
- SQF Requirements/Responsibilities:
- Support SQF requirements by maintaining food safety plan and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manor to ensure compliance with FDA, USDA, and Kosher product requirements.
- Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action and or Food Defense issues to the Food Safety and Quality Department.
- Safety is vitally important not only at our facility but also from a personal standpoint. Employees are responsible for understanding and following all safety procedures. Likewise, food safety is a key performance indicator. Understanding this, GMP and housekeeping procedures are to be followed as part of any job at our facility.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment requires mandatory use of ear plugs.