Position summary: This position requires an individual who is versed in many different facets of manufacturing with a focus on process improvement. You will be responsible for driving continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of all production related manufacturing processes & equipment. Your goal will be the manufacturing of a high quality product in a repeatable and cost effective manner. This hands-on position will design improvements for, and repair of, existing equipment in order to achieve manufacturing cost reductions and increased labor utilization. During the course of a normal day, a Production Manager will spend part of the day at a desk, preparing reports and statistics, and part of the day working with frontline staff, identifying improvement opportunities and coaching employees on how to work more efficiently.
- Typical duties include developing and measuring standard metrics
- Diagramming the flow (including inputs and outputs) of a business process
- Identifying opportunities for improvement
- Developing a project plan for implementing improvements and monitoring the new process to ensure it works as intended.
- Drive continuous improvement in labor costs through waste reduction, production efficiency, and operations improvement in existing equipment or with proposals and justification for new equipment.
- Evaluate all current processes or potential efficiency gains as well as for improvements in safety and ergonomics
- Develop and support new manufacturing processes
- Use statistical analysis in determining opportunities for improvement in Plant Operations
- .Other duties as assigned.
- Job description can be changed at any time.
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong background in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma techniques; Green or Black Belt certification a plus
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Reading, writing, numeracy, oral communication, problem solving
- Must have strong computer proficiency
- Quality Orientation and high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem analysis and problem resolution skills
- Self-motivated with high level of initiative
- Strong data analysis & reporting skills
Education and Experience:
- minimum of 4 years related experience in manufacturing setting required.
- High School Graduate / GED
- Support SQF requirements by maintaining food safety plan and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner to ensure compliance with FDA, USDA, and Kosher product requirements.
- Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action and or Food Defense issues to the Food Safety and Quality Department.
- Safety is vitally important not only at our facility but also from a personal standpoint. Employees are responsible for understanding and following all safety procedures. Likewise, food safety is a key performance indicator. Understanding this, GMP and housekeeping procedures are to be followed as part of any job at our facility.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment requires mandatory use of ear plugs.