Garage Maintenance Mechanic
|Title:||Garage Maintenance Mechanic|
DescriptionPosition summary: This position requires ability to work on automobiles, forklifts, and small engine repairs.
· Preventative Maintenance and routine repairs;
o Task include brake repairs, hose replacements, belt changes and oil changes
o Repair work diagnosing the source of problem with a vehicle, power tool or heavy machinery
o Inspect product, diagnose the problem and then perform the necessary repairs
· Perform scheduled preventive maintenance of forklifts
· Rebuild, repair and maintenance of forklifts and hydraulic lifts
· Purchasing of required supplies for maintenance and service
· Communicate issues to management
· Operate and troubleshoot diagnostic equipment
· Record details of repairs made and parts used
Small Engine Mechanic:
· Maintains gasoline and diesel engines used to power equipment such as portable saws, lawn mowers, generators, and compressors
· Adjust points, valves, carburetors, distributors, and spark plug gaps, using feeler gauges
· Reassembles engines after repair or maintenance work is complete
· Records repairs made, time spent, and used parts
· Performs routine maintenance such as cleaning and oiling parts, honing cylinders, and tuning ignition systems
· Inspects engines to determine malfunctions, to locate missing and broken parts, and to verify repairs, using diagnostic instruments
· Replaces defective parts such as magnetos, water pumps, gears, pistons, and carburetors, using hand tools
· Other duties as assigned.
· Job description can be changed at any time.
Essential skills and experience:
· Reading, writing, numeracy, oral communication, problem solving.
· Two years of general automotive maintenance and repair experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
· Two years of forklift mechanic experience: repairing and/or maintaining forklifts and hydraulic lift systems.
· Requires in-depth knowledge of various maintenance fundamentals sufficient to deal with service and repairs.
· Must be physically able to perform basic maintenance tasks to the highest caliber, which includes ability to: climb ladders, work in confined spaces, lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs. etc.
· May be required to use a variety of hand and power tools or forklift.
· Required to possess a valid driver’s license.
Education and Experience:
· High School Graduate / GED
· Trade School/Journeyman
· Small Engine Repair Certification
· Support SQF requirements by maintaining food safety plan and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manor to ensure compliance with FDA, USDA, and Kosher product requirements.
· Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action and or Food Defense issues to the Food Safety and Quality Department.
· Safety is vitally important not only at our facility but also from a personal standpoint. Employees are responsible for understanding and following all safety procedures. Likewise, food safety is a key performance indicator. Understanding this, GMP and housekeeping procedures are to be followed as part of any job at our facility.
Reporting to this position:
· No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Physical demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Work environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment requires mandatory use of ear plugs.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications