National Fruit Product Company, Inc.
Job Title: Quality Control Technician FLSA status: Non-exempt
Department: Quality Reports To: Supervisor
Essential skills and experience:
- Monitors production process to ensure that products meet or exceed Quality Specifications as outlined in QA manual.
- Checks all essential quality factors.
- Maintain records.
- Advises Dept. Manager of and deviations from Quality Standards.
- Collects and retains samples.
- Responsible for other assigned duties to include but not limited to housekeeping, safety, recovering damaged product, and etc.
- Job description can be changed at any time.
Education and Experience:
- Reading, writing, numeracy, oral communication, problem solving.
- High School Graduate / GED
Reporting to this position:
Physical demands and work environment:
- Safety is vitally important not only at our facility but also from a personal standpoint. Employees are responsible for understanding and following all safety procedures. Likewise, food safety is a key performance indicator. Understanding this, GMP and housekeeping procedures are to be followed as part of any job at our facility.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment requires mandatory use of ear plugs.