The truck driver’s responsibilities involve delivery and pick-up, reporting, operations,
service, safety and maintenance, and other duties as assigned by management.
The truck driver will maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work within the
company and a favorable image of the company.
Essential skills and experience:
- Transport cargo
- Inspect trucks for safety, looking for malfunctioning parts
- Inspect cargo to ensure that it is loaded correctly
- Reviews shipping documents.
- Delivery and pickup involves making deliveries and pick-ups in the most efficient,
- economical manner possible.
- Deliver product to and pick up product from specified locations
- Develop and maintain an efficient routing system
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job description can be changed at any time.
Education and Experience:
- Reading, writing, numeracy, oral communication, problem solving.
- High School Graduate / GED
- CDL required
- Support SQF requirements by maintaining food safety plan and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner to ensure compliance with FDA, USDA, and Kosher product requirements.
- Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action and or Food Defense issues to the Food Safety and Quality Department.
Reporting to this position:
Physical demands and work environment:
- Safety is vitally important not only at our facility but also from a personal standpoint. Employees are responsible for understanding and following all safety procedures. Likewise, food safety is a key performance indicator. Understanding this, GMP and housekeeping procedures are to be followed as part of any job at our facility.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment requires mandatory use of ear plugs.