Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk
|Title:||Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk|
Obtains revenue and pays invoices by verifying and completing payable and receivable transactions.
Essential skills and experience:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
- Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
- Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts; notifying customers of insufficient payments.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job description can be changed at any time.
Education and Experience:
- Administrative Writing Skills, Organization, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, Financial Software, Analyzing Information, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Reporting Research Results, Verbal Communication.
- High School Graduate / GED
- Associate Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience will be considered.
- Support SQF requirements by maintaining food safety plan and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner to ensure compliance with FDA, USDA, and Kosher product requirements.
- Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action and or Food Defense issues to the Food Safety and Quality Department.
Reporting to this position:
Physical demands and work environment:
- Safety is vitally important not only at our facility but also from a personal standpoint. Employees are responsible for understanding and following all safety procedures. Likewise, food safety is a key performance indicator. Understanding this, GMP and housekeeping procedures are to be followed as part of any job at our facility.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment requires mandatory use of ear plugs.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications