Quality Assurance Director
|Title:||Quality Assurance Director |
- Oversee the SQF program including verification and validation of SQF elements; maintenance and development.
- Food Safety program development
- Support our Food Defense program through audits and participation on the Food Defense team.
- HACCP team member
- Educate, audit and enforce GMP’s
- Provide new and annual GMP training for all employees
- Review daily QA records “real time”
- Facilitate Operator QA training so we can develop the QA technician’s role into other areas of Food Safety.
- Train new QA technicians as needed.
- Perform GMP/SQF audits
- Support 3rd party auditors
- Member of Food Defense Team
- Set up and perform basic Microbiology testing and environmental auditing
- Oversee and audit plant sanitation
- Fill in for QA technicians in case of emergency.
- Follow up on all Corrective Actions that result from various inspections, consumer complaints or Set-Asides.
- Learn and understand all plant processes.
- Support plant yield efforts.
- Support the development of the Operations “Quality” program to produce repeatable results.
- Stay current with regulatory changes and the science of our business.
- Lead the development of a paperless Food Safety system where applicable
Essential skills and experience:
- Reading, writing, numeracy, oral communication, problem solving.
- Minimum 2-5 years in Food Safety or Food Quality program.
- Desirable training or skills: Allergens, Microbiology, Environmental monitoring; Regulatory inspections, Food Chemistry, SQF practitioner (or similar).
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate / GED
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology or (similar filed)
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications