We are looking for Sanitation Operators.
Sanitation Operators are responsible for the daily cleaning and sanitizing of all processing equipment and the facilities.
- Cleans peelers, belts, and roller inspection tables.
- Sweeps floors and shovels residue.
- Uses high pressure hose system and caustic cleaning compounds.
- Cleans and sanitizers process equipment.
- Other duties as assigned, including additional housekeeping duties, safety, etc.
- Job description can be updated and/or revised at any time.
- High School Degree or GED
- Applicants must be able to read, write, add, subtract, communicate orally, and be able to problem solve.
- Support SQF requirements by maintaining food safety plan and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner to ensure compliance with FDA, USDA, and Kosher product requirements.
- Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action and/or Food Defense issues to the Food Safety and Quality Department.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Safety is vitally important not only at our facility but also from a personal standpoint. Employees are responsible for understanding and following all safety procedures. Likewise, food safety is a key performance indicator. Understanding this, GMP and housekeeping procedures are to be followed as part of any job at our facility.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or fell objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, talk or hear. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at that time. The noise level in the work environment requires mandatory use of ear plugs. There is some exposure to hot steam, water, chemicals, and apple products. Care needs to be taken to avoid slips, trips, and falls. There is also exposure to low pipes, dust and flying debris, broken, jagged glass, and moving components involved with the processes.