JOB TITLE: Furniture Assembler
FULL TIME: 7:00am – 3:30pm
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION: To assemble all parts of High End Furniture.
REQUIREMENTS OF A FURNITURE ASSEMBLER:
- Must be able to read a ruler and calculate measurements.
- Attention to detail for producing High End Quality Furniture.
- Sub assembles furniture such as building drawers, tables and beds.
- Hand sand whitewood furniture.
- Installation of inlays, overlays and beading on parts of the furniture such as legs, table aprons and Drawer Fronts.
- Must have knowledge of or willing to learn to properly use the following: Double Pad, Belt Sander, Band Saw, Rip Saw, String Sander, Table Saws, Chisels, Flutter Sander, Stroke Sander, Mold Sander and Jug Saws.
- Learn to properly fit doors and drawers within cases and to make adjustments when necessary for perfect fit of all parts of each style of furniture.
- Inspect Furniture for all imperfections such as nicks, dents, slivers, wind breaks, pinholes, cross scratches and loose veneer. Learn to repair all imperfections,
- Able to lift heavy weight.