Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assures the department is operated in the most cost effective and practical manner.
- Responsible for coordinating and planning the maintenance and repair of the Company's
buildings, equipment and property, including forklifts and vehicles.
- Designs controls for the work order process, maintenance supplies, spare parts and establishes
automated system for maintenance purchasing procedure.
- Develops, supervises and coordinates the planning and implementation of a plant-wide and
departmental preventive maintenance program.
- Provides engineering and maintenance support to other NFP manufacturing facilities as
- Periodically examines unit processes for updating techniques, quality of product and overall
- Recommends and evaluates capital expenditures.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations issued by OSHA, EPA and other
federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Develops and monitors engineering and maintenance budgets for the Plant.
- Works with department managers and assists them in designing and implementing new
processes, methods, layouts and equipment.
- Establish machine and equipment histories for the plant to make better and more effective
- Develops and maintains an effective organization through selection, training, leadership,
This position reports to the Vice President of Manufacturing. Reporting to this position are the Maintenance Engineer and departmental employees.
This position requires a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent at least 10 years of progressive experience in the food processing industry. Must have good
organizational, planning and analytical skills. Prefer experience with installing equipment and completion in projects to manufacture shelf stable liquid and semi liquid products. Experience in project management is a plus.