Manufacturing Electrician Lead
|Title:||Manufacturing Electrician Lead|
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager/Plant Engineer
Directs the work of employees in the electrical department
- Troubleshoot, adjust and repair packaging equipment, production equipment, conveying systems, work in-process equipment and warehouse equipment.
- Assist in set up and /or modification of equipment for changeovers from different items.
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections and preventative maintenance on all equipment per checklists and /or manufactures’ procedures.
- Document of work accomplished utilizing maintenance tracking forms, checklists and logbooks.
- Following quality control standards, safety regulations, standard operating procedures, good manufacturing practices and good sanitation practices.
- Detect faulty operations and defective materials and refer questionable situations to Coordinators.
- Maintain the work and shop areas, tools and equipment in a clean and proper manner.
- Troubleshoot and repair all electrical control panels using volt/ohm meter.
- Troubleshoot AC and DC motors and motor controllers using a volt/ohm meter and amp probe.
- Must be able to use small equipment, drills, grinders, etc., safely and correctly.
- Construct and modify production, packaging and warehouse equipment from verbal instruction or blueprints.
- Must be able us use electronic test equipment properly and understand resulting readings.
- Must have a working knowledge of digital and analog circuitry and be able to read schematic drawings.
- Repair electronic controls to the component level
- Troubleshoot, write and modify programs to PLCs.
- Must have working knowledge of boiler equipment including water pumps, water mixing valves and controls.
- Must have working knowledge of all closed loop chilled water systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair press vacuum systems.
- Work with all Managers, Coordinators, and operators to repair maintenance concerns in a timely manner.
- All other duties assigned by a Coordinator or a Manager.