Position summary: Responsible for finding suppliers, choosing raw materials, office supplies, equipment, materials or services and negotiating prices for the company. They review and analyze purchase requisitions, investigate and develop a list of suppliers, prepare bid specifications, issue bid requests and review quotations. Buyers interpret purchasing procedures directly to the Director of Procurement.
- Processing various purchase transactions based on company policies.
- Analyzing departmental purchase requisitions for accuracy.
- Determine method to process requisitions according to required timelines, competitive bidding or dollar amount.
- Identifying and selecting vendors that meets criteria such as price, quality, quantity and delivery dates.
- Placing orders for the required commodities.
- Assisting departments in initiating requisitions and orders.
- Updating records and files.
- Writing bid invitations and requesting proposals; analyzing bids, proposals and quotes, then awarding the contract to the chosen vendor.
- Resolving purchasing problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job description can be changed at any time.
Essential skills and experience:
- Reading, writing, numeracy, oral communication, problem solving.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Time management skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented and possess knowledge of purchasing procedures and practices.